Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Boom Co Halo Dart Blasters


I have always wanted a replica Covenant Plasma Pistol. But I have always been too lazy to make one myself, and never wanted to foot the bill for a decent replica. Until I found Boom Co's Halo Blaster Pack at TRU the other day. My son wanted to split it with me. He said he was going to choose which one he wanted when we got home, and I could have the other one (generous of him, eh?).

Needless to say, I had my fingers crossed.

To my delight, he preferred the M6 Magnum. So I am now the proud owner of a Plasma Pistol. I take it this color scheme is one of the modded Plasmas from multiplayer, but I don't really care. I am thinking of repainting it in a killer bee theme paint scheme anyway, unless I get too lazy. Which is always a possibility.

I bought these with the expectation that they were going to be on par, or maybe a little weaker than Nerf, which is what you usually find with these 'unknown' brands. I was shocked to find, however, that the Boom Co. darts are not foam but plastic, and shoot considerably harder than their Nerf equivalent.

Boom Co also makes an SMG, a Needler, and a Carbine. I also got the Needler the next day, and I am not fond of the SMG, as it is bigger than it should be (not to mention ORANGE), and I have not seen the Carbine. But I got the two 'uniquely' Halo weapons I have always wanted anyway.

Expect to see another review covering the Needler in a day or so.

No comments: