Monday, November 30, 2015

The Frostgrave Batrep That Never Was

I played this game of Frostgrave so long ago at this point I do not remember when it was. I wrote up this report, then got busy with the job hunt and never remembered to post it.

I was recently criticized for being too inspired by anime in my gaming. But since part of the bragging rights involved in this match included that, I get to post this. Haha!
So, as predicted, I forgot to take pictures of the battle, but I did want to give a brief impression of how the first game went. I used the minifigs for my party that I detailed in my earlier posts (see the labels below to read that part!), while my friend came to play and forgot to bring his stuff. He ended up using the Lich and vampire figure I had nearby as Necromancers, and used my Fallout New Vegas Caesar's Legion custom minifigs as his berserkers.

It worked pretty well, all things considered. We made a tangled mess of terrain from the assortment of LEGO odds and ends I have used previously (as seen in some of the Bjorn Shepard posts of yesteryear). It was a lot of fun, and I am reasonably confident we played right.

I did end up winning, with 4 of the 6 treasures returned, and I eliminated all enemy forces save the spellcasters. I did lose a chunk of my party though in the process. All of the Warhounds got wiped as well as the Archer. Surprisingly, the Thugs scarpered off with the treasure bags without getting tangled in the Berserkers, my casters took out the Berserkers while they were tangled with the warhounds, and everyone who survived grabbed a handful of loot and got the heck out of Dodge, er, Frostgrave.

It was a lot of fun, and seemed less tedious than a lot of other terrain heavy Skirmish games I've played. A lot of the good parts of Mordheim and Necromunda, but without as much record keeping. Mordamunda light, if you will.

No comments: