Tuesday, December 22, 2015

LEGO Pirates - Treasure Island - 70411


Hey all, Counterfett here. Trying to get back on the posting train after a recent and debilitating bout of ennui. I got this set because I had been keeping my eye on it for a while, and then it was on sale for 30% off at TRU, plus there was some 'Spend x dollars on LEGO and get a ________' that my wife finds so irresistible. Like it was written in the stars.


And here it is after being assembled by my very own batch of Christmas Elves (actually just my grumpy kids). It's a pretty cool set, with lots of neat little touches. The chain attaches the skull gate to the tree, which can be used as a counterweight to hold it open. Don't try to open the door by pulling on the chain, though, because SOMETHING is going to break that way.

"Albedo! I approve of the new Beach House!"
Oh, and one of the reasons I wanted it, other than to use as a pirate port for solo gaming. Because...Overlord.

No comments: