Saturday, January 2, 2016

LEGO Santa Alter


Well, I warned you all that this day would come. LEGO Santa Alter in all of her glorious...LEGO...Glory. Well, I guess prose is no longer my strong suit. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do to make my version of Santa Alter from Fate / Grand Order. But then I told my wife my plans, and she had even better ideas.

She pretty much took the ball and ran with it from there. The torso is from the LEGO Movie Wildstyle, the face is from the Blind Pack Palas Athena Guard, the Santa hat is from the Santa figure, but painted with black, then black with sparkles, then clear coated. The cape is polyester suiting cut in the pattern of Lloyd's cloak from Ninjago, then painted with white puff paint to make the fur lining. The skirt is the same polyester suiting, cut in the pattern of the school uniform skirt from the blind bags a few waves ago. Her sack is the goblin loot bag. Her legs are the striped stockings of the Addam's family girl, though that doesn't show well in the picture.

All in all, a highly successful portrayal. I would be more proud if more of it was my own doing, but I'm pretty darn happy nonetheless. My wife was worried, because for a significant amount of time yesterday, I was giggling uncontrollably.

No comments: