Saturday, January 16, 2016

Samurai Skirmishing - A Look At Osprey's "Ronin"


So, I realize I'm pretty late out of the gate on this one. I have been moving backwards through Osprey's Game series (though I guess I did Fields of Honour a long time ago), and found this little gem. I have a ton of LEGO samurai which languish with no system to play them in, and now I have one.

This is a pretty simple skirmish game, which is really the only kind I play. So it works out. Interestingly, it covers a pretty diverse time spread, as it includes Sohei, Ikko-Ikki, Koreans, Samurai (duh), Bandits, and even Ming Chinese!

Looks pretty fun. I shall have to work up a couple of Buntai (warbands) and give it a spin. Not sure what I want to do, but Ming Chinese vs. Wako pirates is something I have always wanted to try. Since LEGO Pirates are a thing, it should be pretty easy to make happen.

2 comments:

Stu Rat said...

I'm looking forward to Osprey's En Garde, which, if I understand things correctly, is based on Ronin but for swashbucklers. Should be here Tuesday.

Can't wait to see your Buntai.

CounterFett said...

I hadn't even heard about that one. I'm definitely going to get that, as I do enjoy getting my swash on.