Monday, January 11, 2016

The Making Of Llamrei II


Well, no sooner did my wife finish making Santa Alter, than I was trying to come up with a way to make Llamrei II, her sleigh. I was looking for ways to come up with a hippo looking sleigh out of LEGO bricks, when my wife suggested the simpler idea of using either a Playmobil or hard plastic sculpted hippo as a steed. While not entirely faithful to the source material, it did seem eminently more practical.


So next time we were at TRU, I had a look around. There were, unfortunately, no Playmobil hippos, but when I looked in the wild animal/dinosaur section they had, I found a neat Schleich Hippo just about the size I wanted. So we grabbed it.


Then, as we were walking out of the aisle, my wife pointed out a row of saddles they had, presumably to adorn the line of doll sized horses. We picked out the black and white one, and sort of eyeballed the size. Figuring it was worth a shot, we bought it too. Well, it turns out it worked pretty well. Santa looks pleased. Well, as pleased as she gets, anyway.

Next, I am working on finding a way to make her sword. Stay tuned...




No comments: