Friday, February 5, 2016

Amiibo Zero Suit Samus


I liked Samus way back in the old NES days, despite never liking Metroid much This was simply because she was a female character, and female video game protagonists were less common than hens' teeth back then. As the series and years progressed, Samus, like many other Nintendo characters, had some appearance changes and upgrades. One of these was the 'zero' suit, or blue body suit she wears under her armor.

Now, I like boobs as much as the next guy, but Zero suit Samus kind of annoys me. In any event, we got this back when there was some BOGO deal on Amiibos at Toys R' Us. Kelli said I should get it because I like Samus, and it's fairly uncommon around here. Both of these things are true. But still. Here it sits on my bookshelf still unopened. Reminding me that the objectification of women is irritating to me.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this.

It's a nice figure in every other respect. Recent runs of amiibo figures do not use the shiny metallic paint any more, which means my earlier Zelda, Shiek, and Samus figures look nice than more recent ones. Yay me.

No comments: