Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Awesomest Thing In The History Of Gardening - Part 1

 
Hey all, Counterfett here. As you know, I am the most romantic man ever. I'm probably not exaggerating. My wife, on the other hand, decided that for Valentine's day, she would like me to take her to a hardware store so she could look at gardening tools so we could do yard work on the day itself (tomorrow).

So, romantic man that I am, I oblige. I spent the entire afternoon mowing and sharpening gardening tools with a mill file. 'Did you know sharpening yard tools with a mill file is my favorite thing to do?' is not a question you will hear from anyone ever.

Still, while we were at the aforementioned hardware store, we came across this. Seriously as they were putting them out. My wonderful wife decided I simply could leave without having this. Again, I am not exaggerating. My wife is wonderful. And beautiful. And she smells nice. And she knows of my unwholesome love of bladed implements and continues to live with me.

So I got this machete. It's quite nice. It's a new Fiskars with the lifetime warranty. These are pretty much indistinguishable from the Gerber tools that look, feel, and perform very similarly. This is no surprise, as Gerber and Fiskars are actually the same company these days. I forget who bought who (I suspect Fiskars is the main company but don't quote me on that), but it's irrelevant. It's a darn fine machete, which came with a working nylon sheath. Functional sheaths for machetes are sort of like suit coats with functional pockets. They exist but you just don't see them that often. Nevertheless, it's a worthwhile investment when you possess a machete as fine as this one.

The photo doesn't do the size of this thing justice, as the handle is quite long. For me it's a two hand grip, but then I am famous the world over for having little girly hands, so it's probably a hand and a half for normal size folk.

No comments: