Sunday, March 6, 2016

LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - Legolas

If ever there was a Lord of the Rings character suited to becoming a LEGO minifigure, it is certainly Legolas. I mean, his name has LEGO right in it. Seriously, let's turn his name around a bit: las Lego. And there you have it.


But I digress. The esteemed Mrs. Fett wanted to get a bunch of these when the Target coupon was in effect, and so we did. I even got one. At the time, I had this nebulous feeling that I could use some of the parts in some project. The keen eyed among you may have noticed that parts of his arrow launcher did in fact turn up later (though posted earlier) in the Fire Emblem Ballistician tankette from last week.


The normal set itself is a bit underwhelming, though a good source of parts, if you are so inclined. Legolas is a decent figure, and comes with a double sided face (both shown above). His bow is not the usual LEGO castle bow, and is in fact a bit longer, which is neat. Since he is flesh toned, I feel like I would have to repaint his hair in order to use it in any of my projects, which is a bit of a bother. Plus, I don't really know what I am going to use the rest of the arrow launcher for.

On the flip side, I am happy enough about how the Ballistician Tankette turned out that this breaks even, or maybe comes out a little ahead.

No comments: