Thursday, March 3, 2016

LEGO Micro Fighters - The Ghost


Well, folks, the new wave of chibi Star Wars vessels has hit store shelves, and I was largely...underwhelmed. Not surprisingly, it was a lot of The Force Awakens tie ins. Also not surprisingly, reducing the scale of designs I find unsightly to begin with does not improve the aesthetic appeal.


That said, I did jump on this version of the Ghost from Star Wars: Rebels like a starving cougar on a wounded deer. Why, you ask? Because this is the easiest way to get a Twi'Lek headpiece that I've ever seen. Hera, the Ghost's pilot, even has goggles on her head, which means I am closer than ever to a credible version of Vette from The Old Republic. And that's a good thing.

The ship itself is pretty cool. I never watched any of the Rebels cartoon, so I'm not heavily invested in the design of any of the series' vehicles, but the ship is well thought out, and the LEGO representation of it is compact, but reasonable well detailed. There's a reason these Micro Fighters are among the last things I buy that are Star Wars related.

No comments: