Monday, June 6, 2016

Cool Stuff My Wife Made - Magnetic Privacy Curtains



Hey all, Counterfett here. So I'm still busy learning the ropes at my new job, so I've been too busy to do much post worthy. Fortunately, it looks like Mrs. Fett has been doing some cool stuff while I've been away. On that note, I took these pictures a while ago when she made new curtains for our back doors.

Honestly, I would rather just get security doors without windows in them (why you would want a door that is so easily penetrated is beyond me), but this at least increases the cooling efficiency of our house as much as possible, without any home renovations. I basically just forgot to post this when she did it.

She sewed magnets into them, since the door is metallic, and that holds them in place, using a minimum of materials. They also don't get snagged on anything, since they don't swing around when the door is opened or closed. I'm not a big interior design kind of guy, but I thought these were really slick.

2 comments:

Kelli Halstead said...

I sewed magnetic rounds into interfacing. Then they stay in place when you sew the interfacing in the hem. Then magnetic rods and your done. They can go up or down easy. They work great for blocking light, so now we can watch movies much better! Or cool the house too. Or open them to let light in when we want. I highly recommend having some.

CounterFett said...

I said the same thing, but thank you for translating it out of "man."