Sunday, June 19, 2016

Making My Shield - The Easy Way


For once, I am not doing something from scratch, and in the most difficult manner possible. Though I certainly considered it. These round pre-made coffee table tops have been kicking around the hardware store I shop at for years, and practically every time I'm there, I look at them and say "I should really get one of those for a shield." But then I back off because they are like $14, and I need more projects like I need more holes in my head.

Then one fine day, I was there with my wife, and almost all of them were gone, except for the one you see in the photo above, and it was marked down to like $3 on clearance. Even I can live with that kind of discount, ladies and gentlemen. So I brought it home and it sat in my garage for about a year (conservative estimate). I simply couldn't decide how I wanted to assemble and paint it.

Now I know.

More to come.

No comments: